HOW TO PUT ON A CONDOM:
1. Give/Get Consent to have sex!
2. Always store condoms in a cool, dry place! Away from light and extreme temperatures. Your wallet or glove compartment are not good options!
3. Check to make sure there are no holes in the barrier package! Give the package a squeeze to make sure!
4. Before taking a condom out of the wrapper, check the expiration date. It will be printed on the outside of the condom box or on the individual wrapper.
5. When the penis is erect, open the individual condom with your fingers. Do not use scissors, fingernails, your teeth…nothing that could damage the condom!
6. Pinch the tip of the condom with your fingers to squeeze the air out of the end while rolling the condom down over the penis. Be sure to roll the condom all the way to the bottom (base) of the penis.
It is possible to put the condom on inside out. If the condom doesn’t roll down the penis easily, start again with a new condom!
7. Use only water-based lubricants with condoms. Oil-based lubricants like baby oil should not be used as they can damage the condom’s material.
8. After ejaculation, hold the condom at the base and carefully remove the penis from the vagina or rectum. Be careful not to spill any of the contents! Tie the condom or wrap the condom in a tissue and throw it in the garbage. Do not flush them down the toilet!
9. Always get a new condom for each act of sexual intercourse.
Noteworthy: If you are allergic to latex, lambskin and polyurethane condoms are available but may not be as effective in STD protection.
More of a video person? Here is one of TxTina’s go to videos! Click here!